Thursday, October 11, 2012

Home, Sweet Home

The way I see it, the fact that I haven't written a blog post in six months can be taken one of two ways:

1.) My original assessment that the biggest risk to my starting a blog was my proceeding to neglect the blog was spot on.

-or-

2.) Things have been so busy/exciting/crazy over the last half year that the blog had to take a back seat.

Maybe it's a little bit of both?

Either way, I've made my way back to Cambridge at the conclusion of my internship at Nike and have a full load of MBA classes keeping me busy for the Fall!  I had a fantastic time in Portland, but there's nothing quite like the comfort of home.  Hanging out with my wife, Karen, wrestling around with Gus, and settling back into the student way of living again has been more than wonderful.

Obligatory Gus Picture
I made the decision to load up my Fall semester with Sloan classes, because there are a few terrific  MBA courses which are only offered during the Fall.  Industrial Economics with Professor Robert Pindyck (the author of the core Microeconomics book!), for example, is a fantastic, entertaining, fascinating class.

The downside of going heavy in Sloan, of course, is that I've got two nasty Course 2 (Mechanical Engineering) classes teed up for next Spring.  As a graduating LGO who a.) Will have already signed a job offer, and B.) Might possibly be too captivated thinking about starting a real, grown-up life to devote much time to monkeying around with Laplace transforms, that might present a bit of a problem. C'est la vie. 

As busy as things are around here, though, with the Fall semester workload, getting to know the awesome new LGO Class of 2014, full-time job recruiting, and trying to maximize what time we have left in Boston/Cambridge, there's always time to look forward to the future of the LGO program!

So if you've made it this far into my post, you're still moderately interested, and you're not my mom (Hi, mom.), there's a good chance you're thinking LGO might be the right graduate program for you!  If that's the case, you definitely need to check out our LGO Ambassador Day program here at MIT coming up soon on 11/5/12.

Check out this link for more details!

Cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment